Nox APP Player
An Android emulator for playing Android games on your PC
- Category Operating Systems
- License Free
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Size 309.54 MB
- Works under Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7
- Language English
Nox App Player is a free Android emulator for your Windows PC. It caters specifically to gamers and provides the best gaming experience of any Android emulator. Nox App Player enables gamers to emulate using keyboard mapping. Users will be able to control Android-based games by using a computer keyboard, mouse, and sometimes even a joystick. For example, users can apply a specify key combination to mimic the "swipe-down" motion that bring sup the notification center. Another options is to select the other key combo that's called "swipe right" to unlock the screen.
The app is easy to install, and launching it brings up a preinstalled version of Android 4.4.2. Once the app player has booted (it can sometimes take a while!), the user will notice that they are presented with various features to control the emulated environment in a detachable side menu. For example, there is one specific button on this menu that when selected, will simulate shaking the device. Other buttons control things like the volume, GPS, full screen mode, screen capture, and screen recorder. Many of these features will be useful to gamers who wish to record their screens and share their gameplay videos with their friends.
Clicking on the GPS button will allow the user to set their GPS coordinates to whatever they want by dragging a pin around on the map. This feature can be useful for developers or gamers playing regional games or possibly even seeking to catch a new Pokemon in Pokemon Go. Nox App Player also supports easy file and photo transfer through drag-and-drop options, which is an advantage when compared to many other Android emulators.
Nox App Player also supports "multiplayer mode," which is a feature that allows the user to open multiple separate instances of the Nox App Player at once. This feature is useful for simulating multiple players in an online game environment. Customizable CPU and RAM allocation enables users to control the processing load of each instance of Nox App Player on their computer, which helps them run multiple instances of the app on lower level computer hardware.
Since Nox is already configured for Android version 4.4.2, users will not have to go through a complex Android install process on a machine emulator. The downside is that newer apps and games may present compatibility issues.
- Keyboard mapping allows users to control their Android games using their mouse, keyboard, or joystick.
- Easy full screen mode allows for high-quality gameplay.
- Drag-and-drop file transfer makes uploading files to the emulator easy.
- As an emulator designed specifically for gamers, Nox is ready upon first launch to connect you with the online gaming community.
- Multiplayer option and custom resource allocation allows users to simulate multiplayer game environments.
- The app takes a long time, initially, to boot.
- Nox currently only supports Android version 4.4.2. Newer apps may experience compatibility issues.
- Not all applications will run in an emulated environment.
- Nox is designed for gamers and is not the best emulator for software developers.